PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
MMA’s professional development program offers funding to members for continuing education. The purpose of these funds is to provide resources and support for members who wish to further develop and improve their supervisory skill set. They are also designed to help members stay current with best practices in their field and expand their knowledge to continue serving as excellent service providers in supervision and areas of expertise.
Who is Eligible: Current MMA full members are eligible to apply.
- The professional development fund has an annual total disbursement of up to $30,000.
- Funds may be used for multiple events in one year not to exceed $1,500 total.
What is Covered:
- Funds must be used toward professional development activities as outlined in your application.
- Examples of approved activities include but not limited to the following: Training, webinars, symposium, conferences, workshops, renewing a professional certificate such as credentialed coach certificate and project management fundamentals to name a few.
- Expenses such as lodging, meals, mileage, shuttles/taxi, airfare, and registration fees.
What is Not Covered:
- Tuition reimbursement and college courses are not eligible for reimbursement. Members may apply for an MMA Scholarship for this purpose.
- Hobby-related activities.
- Association fees.
- Participation in a program or conference that was attended before applying for these funds.
- Reimbursement of funds paid by applicants’ agency.
Professional Development Application